Thursday, November 06, 2008

Stormy Night


Last night's 70 mph straight winds and quarter-sized hail pretty much took care of the last remaining leaves that were still hanging on for dear life. Probably did a number on my new roof, too. I'm afraid to look. Luckily there was plenty of advance forecasting and I had wisely parked my Pilot in the garage. The cold front that pushed the storm through left our temperatures very crisp and Fall-like this morning. I doubt we'll see 80 degrees again for several months. Now comes the battle of keeping the cold OUTSIDE and the heat INSIDE. I stocked up at Home Depot yesterday on all sorts of weather stripping and insulation. I'm determined to be cozy this winter without cashing in my IRA to buy propane.

2 comments:

Shelly Collins said...

Hi Lita, thanks for your comments on my blog. I'm still interested in meeting next week. I will check with Jessica too!

Terry Rush said...

I love you today!